1. Hearing the subtitle of the sequel to X-Men: First Class is exciting to me, but at the same time, it doesn’t seem to quite fit in with the continuity of the first one, so I don’t know how they’ll handle it. For now, I’ll just be excited about the title and pretend it will be awesome.*
2. Someone at a meeting today said “if’n” in a completely non-ironic manner. I didn’t know how to react, so I just sat there in stunned silence.
3. This weekend is Ribfest in Kalamazoo and one of the bands playing is Skid Row. Unfortunately, there is no Sebastian Bach, so I’m not really sure I consider them to be Skid Row anymore.
4. On the other hand…It’s a festival of ribs. Who cares who’s playing.
is spectacular and made me laugh (link).
6. We were going to go to ribfest to get lunch today, but people scheduled meetings with me at the last minute that cut into my lunch hour. I’m still bitter about this.
* If you don’t know, and aren’t worried about the potential spoilers inherent in knowing, the subtitle of the next X-Men movie is “Days of Future Past”, which is one of the iconic X-Men stories (see more here, again, if you aren’t worried about spoilers for a comic book old enough that it could legally drink now.**)
**Assuming, of course, that it were human. I don’t think there’s really a legal drinking age for comics, as they just tend to get soggy rather than drunk.